Leg armor that covers the knee (known as 'poleyns') was one of the first forms of plate armor. Poleyns were generally worn by attaching them to or over chain mail 'chausses' that either come to the knee or else extended down the leg. With the upper leg, knee protection, three buckled attachment points and outstanding design this poleyns comes complete with greaves. This is handcrafted from 16 gauge steel produced in Italy throughout the 15th century; armor of this type incorporates large and smooth glancing surfaces in its construction, the theory being that these rounded surfaces would help to deflect an opponent's weapon.
Overall Length: 18 Inches
Width: 8 Inches
Steel Gauge: 16 gauge
Fitment: Adult Sizes
Features: Adjustable Leather Straps
Includes: Two Leg Armor Greaves
Real Armor, Battle Ready
16 Gauge Steel Construction
Genuine Leather Straps
Volume Discounts Available:
Note:Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.