Medieval protection for the head used mainly from the 11th to the beginning of the 14th century. It consisted of a close fitting mail hood extending down to cover the neck and parts of the shoulders, occasionally attached to the hauberk. The mail coif was made in the same manner at the mail hauberk or shirt. Often worn over a padded coif and under a helmet, however in numerous medieval illuminated manuscripts knights and soldiers are shown with just the mail coif protecting the head. Our historically accurate mail coif is made from high tensile wire. The coif is made using the European 4 in 1 pattern of butted links for reduced cost. The mail coif is also blackened to reduce rusting.
Overall Length: Approximately 18.75 Inches
Face Opening: 6 Inches wide, 7 Inches Length
Bottom Span: 18.5 Inches
Construction: Blackened Mild Steel, 16 gauge
Chain Link Diameter: 10 mm, Butted
Chain Link Ring Thickness: 8 AWG
16 Gauge Mild Steel Zinc Plated Construction
4 in 1 Interlocking Chain Links
Fits Most Adult Sizes
Volume Discounts Available:
Note:Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.