A gorget originally was a steel or leather collar designed to protect the throat. Later, particularly from the 18th century onwards, the gorget became primarily ornamental, serving only as a symbolic accessory on military uniforms. This gorget is an impressive example of Gothich Style plate armor. It is handcrafted from 16 gauge steel and feature an attractive shiny metal finish that makes this armor all but gleam in the light. This item works perfect with our: Medieval German Gothic Armor Pauldron Starting out as simple neck protection, the gorget was a vital piece of Medieval and Renaissance armor. Transitioning from a piece worn under ones armor to a piece worn over the armor, the gorget soon became established as a sign of rank and elevated status. Long after the spread of gunpowder rendered plate armor effectively useless, the gorget still retained a place in military circles as rank insignia and was essentially the last vestige of Medieval armor to remain in active use.
Length: 9.5 Inches (Front), 8 Inches (Back)
Width: 11.5 Inches (Front), 11.25 Inches (Back)
Neck Hole: 9 Inches x 6 Inches
Material: 16 guage
Features: Adjustable Leather Straps
Includes: Front & Back Piece
Solid Metal Construction
Adjustable Leather Straps
Volume Discounts Available:
Note:Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.