Scale armor is an early form of armor consisting of many individual small armor scales of various shapes attached to each other and to a backing of cloth or leather in overlapping rows. Scale armor was worn by warriors of many different cultures as well as their horses. During Roman times, scale armor was a popular alternative to as it offered better protection against bludgeoning. The Lemellar Roman 20g Scale Armor Vest covers your torso with overlapping metal panels that give the armor a scaled or patterned appearance. The metal features a darkened finish that retains a gleam. Small areas are affected by the leather rubbing due to the amount of oil needed to maintain this metal and are easily removed or you can leave them for a more antique "battle worn" look. Made from 20 gauge galvanized mild steel panels with top-grain leather fittings, this torso armor offers protection and a distinctive look. This scale armor is great for decorative or LARP purposes or re-enactments.
Total Length (from bottom to neck line): 18.5 Inches
Length (from bottom to under arm): 14 Inches
Total Width (not including Laces): 23.62 Inches
Material: 20g Steel and Genuine Leather
Volume Discounts Available:
Note:Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.