Drinking horns were the ceremonial drinking vessel for those of high status all through the medieval period. They often contained liquids such as ale or mead. Drinking horns are still used today often in wedding and other types of ceremonies. Hand polished with a stallion carved into the surface this horn is great for such ceremonies or just decorative purposes. It comes with a twisted iron stand designed to work with almost any horn size. Horns from cows, buffalo or oxen have traditionally been used as drinking vessels by various people in many regions of the world; this fine specimen is a great example of the practice. *Please wash with a gentle detergent and polish with vegetable oil to keep it from drying out. And from time to time you will want to use beeswax to coat the inside to keep from cracking and the inside drying out.
Horn Height: 12 to 15 Inches
Horn Opening Diameter: 2.5 to 4 Inches
Stand Size: 6.25 x 7 Inches
Includes: Twisted Iron Forged Stand
100% Natural Buffalo Horn
Free Brown Leather Frog Included
Holds up to 17oz of Liquid
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.