The bearded axe is most commonly associated with Vikings. Fierce as these axes were they were also used as tools not just weapons. The bit on these axes extends below the width of the butt to provide a wide cutting surface which kept the overall weight of the axe low. The lower part of the bit is known as the beard or hook. With this feature one was able to pull weapons out of the defender's grasp, or to pull down a shield to allow another attacker to strike at the unprotected defender. Not only that but they were more useful against plate armor than a sword. This bit has been forged out of thick carbon steel with a polished edge. The edge is thick but not sharp so it is perfect for re-enactments but it is also fully functional so you can hone it to your liking. Carbon steel facilitates a harder, sharper edge which was and is great in battle. Both side cheeks have a unique pitted design and the handle is made of a durable hard wood that is thick with has a stained finish.
Please Note: Frog is not included.
Overall Length: 30.39 Inches
Overall Width: 7.38 Inches
Blade Length: 6.63 Inches
Blade Material: Carbon Steel
Dull Edge to Customize
Volume Discounts Available:
Note:Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.