Shields were the most common means of defense for the Vikings. They were commonly used in shield walls, shield forts, and on Viking ships. Gokstad ships had places for shields to be hung on its railing and the Gokstad shields had holes along the rim for fastening some sort of non-metallic rim protection. This protected the Viking crew against harsh waves and wind. This typical Viking shield is Gokstad style and constructed of wood with an umbo in the center and the outer border being 18g steel. The center umbo is 14g steel. The wooden front has a glossy black finish creating a dramatic effect against the steel of the center and edges. This massive shield is historically accurate measuring 30 x 30 inches. Commonly most shields ranged from 30-36. This shield is simple yet has an overbearing quality. It will be a great addition to Viking attire used in re-enactments or just to have for your own collection.
Overall Length: 30 Inches
Overall Width: 30 Inches
Umbo: 14 Gauges, 9 x 9
Border: 18 Gauge
Material: Wood, Steel
18 Gauge Border
14 Gauge Umbo
Volume Discounts Available:
Note:Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.