Gladius was one Latin word for sword and is used to represent the primary sword of Ancient Roman foot soldiers. The Gladius was one of the most popular weapon types among Roman Legions and Gladiators alike. It's short, stiff blade is good for breaking a spear and intense forward stabbing thrusts. The Gladius ruled close combat fighting for many centuries. The blade of this expertly crafted medieval sword is made from a blend of 1095/15N20 Damascus Steel that has been folded & layered approximately 400-520 times to create the distinct wave pattern. The handle is stained hardwood and features inserts of steel as well as 100% pure brass. Included with this masterpiece is a hand tooled genuine leather sheath that is stained a rich dark brown to match the handle.
Overall Length: 27.25 inches
Blade Length: 18.75 inches
Blade Thickness: 3.85 mm
Handle Length: 8.5 inches
Damascus Steel Blade
Handle Material: Rosewood, Pure Brass, Steel
Hand Tooled Genuine Leather Sheath Included
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.