The custom of serving a peacock in its feathers was popular throughout medieval Europe. Our Medieval Peacock Feasting Horn features the design of a peacock feather painted onto a horn that's been polished inside and out. It was a spectacular dish, often served as a subtlety or entremet during festive meals. All present at the meal would admire the beautiful bird when it was brought ceremoniously to the table of the host. The admiration was probably somewhat less when it came to eating the peacock: its meat is very dry. No wonder the peacock disappeared from the tables when the turkey made its entrance in Europe during the sixteenth century. *Please wash with a gentle detergent and polish with vegetable oil to keep it from drying out. And from time to time you will want to use beeswax to coat the inside to keep from cracking and the inside drying out.
Horn Height: 13 - 15 Inches
Horn Width: 2.5 - 5 Inches
Estimated Capacity: 18-24 oz
Handmade of Real All Natural Horn
Polished Inside and Out
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.