The great helm is today especially popular amongst live-action role players and in medieval re-enactments. This type of helmet was great as it provided good protection for the head against both sharp and blunt weapons. Knights usually wore the great helm over a mail coif sometimes in conjunction with a close-fitting iron skull cap known as a cervelliere. This great helm is constructed of hand-forged 20 gauge steel with an interior leather lining with chin straps and a brass buckle. This helm has menacing narrow eye slits and a ventilated face guard for maximum protection. A beautiful brass cross adorns the center of front and stretches top to bottom and side to side. Each piece has been riveted to the frame of this helmet making it a durable and solid piece. Inside a leather suspension liner is provided for comfort and includes an adjustable chin strap with buckle. To prevent rusting and prolong the life of the helmet it comes oiled.
Overall Length: Approximately 13 Inches
Internal Diameter, Front to back: 9.34 Inches
Internal Diameter, Side to Side: 9.50 Inches
Eye Slits: 3 x .38 Inch
Forehead Circumference: 24 Inches
Material 20 Gauge Steel
20 Gauge Steel Construction
Inner Leather Liner
Volume Discounts Available:
Note:Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.