The Scottish Broadsword, otherwise known as the Basket-Hilted Sword, is truly a work of art. This type of sword was developed in the 16th century, and grew in popularity throughout the 17th & 18th centuries. Though the primary use of this sword was for military purposes, it also served other purposes such as a fencing sword in Scotland throughout the 18th century. Originally, the wired hilt featured a simpler design, but as its popularity grew so did the fanciness of the hilt. We’ve attempted to keep this 18th historical replica as accurate as possible, paying fine attention to every detail from tip to end. The blade is made from high carbon steel with a fuller and factory edges, though it can be sharpened to preference. The most distinct feature of this sword would have to be the elaborately sculpted and ornate guard made from pure brass with a rich red fabric interior. The pommel ends with a red tassel. Included with this gorgeous sword is a steel scabbard that features two lanyard rings. All in all, this sword is a beautiful piece to add to your collection for sure.
Overall Length: 38.5 inches
Blade Length: 32.5 inches
Blade Thickness: 4.5 mm
Handle Length: 6 inches
Blade Material: High Carbon Steel
Leather-Wrapped Handle W/ Brass Threading
Ornate Pure Brass Basket Hilt
Steel Scabbard Included
For Display Only
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.