Medieval belt buckles ranged from the simply functional to the beautiful and elaborate. This Nobles Antique Foliate Brass Belt Buckle is made of one hundred percent pure brass with an antiqued finish. Belts were made of one of four materials- leather, woven braid, embroidered fabric or solid metalwork. Peasant women wore sturdier and more practical belts of leather. Almost all of these would have been unadorned except for the buckle. Women of better financial standing or breeding wore thinner girdles of better processed leather or embroidered girdles with more elaborate metal clasps or buckles. Where leather girdles were concerned, it appeared that designs were also painted or stamped onto the belt leather directly.
Length: 2 inches
Width: 1.5 inches
Pin Length: 1.25 inches
Fits Strap of 20mm
Material: 100% Polished Brass
100% Pure Brass
Antique Ivy Design
Volume Discounts Available:
Note:Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.