This iron Celtic penannular brooch is practical, functional and beautiful. These iron pins brooches are strong and made to be used. The pin can either be held fast between the two spirals, or it can be twisted, so the pin sits on the loop: held in position by the pull of the fabric through which it passes. Brooches initially developed from the Roman clasp or fibula. In the severe climate of northern Europe, the brooch became the typical ornament of the era, because it normally functioned as a fastening for a heavy tunic or cloak. Some of the oldest symbols associated with the Celts are spirals which are prominently displayed on ancient artifacts dating long before the written word in Ireland. Celtic spirals are second only to knot work designs as the symbols most associated with Celtic art. It is said that the Celtic spiral represents the spiritual balance between inner and outer consciousness, showing ethereal energy radiating out (or inward depending on your perspective).
Overall Dimensions: 3.5 x 3 Inches
Thickness: 4 mm
Volume Discounts Available:
Note:Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.