Many of the polearms we see throughout history are merely a product of peasants creating weapons out of their farming equipment when the time came for them to defend their land. Take the Guisarme, for example. This polearm is said to have originated from a pruning hook tied to a long shaft. This invention bloomed into many variations of the simple design, including this beauty here. This Guisarme attachment is hand forged from high carbon steel that has been expertly heat treated to produce this authentic blackened finish. The sharpened blade rounds into a hook or “beak” that historically was used to dismount horseback riders, and is topped with a 6 ½-inch spear tip. The 4-inch socket is pre-drilled to allow you to easily connect a wooden shaft of your choice to create your own custom prop. This piece comes well oiled – and it is recommended to polish with a mineral oil from time to time to prevent rusting or corrosion.
*Please note: A mounting shaft is NOT INCLUDED, but can be purchased at most any local hardware store.
Overall Length: 17 Inches
Blade Length: 12 Inches
Blade Width: 4.5 Inch
Blade Thickness: 4.6 mm
Construction: High Carbon Steel, Antiqued Finish
Socket Length: 4 Inches
Socket Opening: 34.7 mm/ 1.4 inches
High Carbon Steel Construction
Double-Edged Blade, Antiqued Finish
Mounting Shaft is NOT INCLUDED
- $300.00 to $499.99 order - 5% discount on all regular priced items.
- $500.00 to $999.99 order - 10% discount on all regular priced items.
- $1000.00 to $1499.99 order - 15% discount on all regular priced items.
- Note: Volume discounts based on order total, not on the shipping total.
- Discount cannot be combined with any other discounts.